Sunday, January 2, 2011

Beginnings...

...a new year, a new beginning.  Time for new thoughts, new projects, new insight.  I think my first 'resolution', though I hesitate to call it that as it always sounds so...absolute...is to learn acceptance.  As the prayer goes...
God grant me the serenity  
to accept the things I cannot change;  
courage to change the things I can; 
and wisdom to know the difference.

There are things I bang my head against and it is as pointless as banging my head against a brick wall.  Sometimes it is me banging my head against my own stubbornness or bad habits, sometimes it's just life, or other people.  Silly really...change it or accept it.  So that's my mantra for this year.  There will be changes afoot, I think it's going to be a big year. I have a couple of 'new beginnings' happening already, I'll post some pics soon.  In the meantime, I hope you all had a wonderful new year celebration!  There will be more posts from the attic in 2011!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be very hard on yourself though... before acceptance there has to be understanding, also, too accepting and the impetus to improve and change for good gets lost.

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

Those are exactly the words I need!
Have a happy and positive New Year!
Carrie :)

WOL said...

Happy New Year! I'll be eagerly awaiting your news -- Opened my prize package from down under on Xmas day and got a lovely surprise. Now I have to find some nice frames!

Ariad said...

Awesome reminder. Thankyou "change it or accept it".
Hope you manage to live this goal and may it bring peace to you this year.

Debrina said...

Happy New Year and of course, Merry Xmas! I learned that mantra a wee while ago (when I was at University, in fact) and have been applying it ever since. Especially now that I have a toddler in the house!!
:-)

Jan said...

It'll be fun to see what you come up with...go, go, go! (with the right touch of serenity of course.)
Jan

Karen said...

Happy New Year!
"Beautiful BLOG! I love your adventures!! Your art is wonderful you are a true creative soul!
I am now following your blog. (I hope you will visit my blog too and follow if you like what you see. :)"
www.creativeyearnings.blogspot.com

Medieval Muse said...

I've been calling mine "renovations":) We all could learn by your mantra here.

Jess said...

A new year, new art, new ideas! It's been quite a dramatic one in some ways already but I look forward to seeing what 2011 has in store! Happy new year Christina. xx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

It's an exciting year isn't it? I can feel it. I hope you meet your own goals and change the things you want to change. Carolyn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails