Monday, August 16, 2010

Refilling the well

After reading Jackie Morris' recent post about finding a way to centre and ground myself, I went and dug out a pack of divination cards that I haven't looked at for ages.  The cards and book are fairly tightly squeezed into the box, but as I pulled the lid off, a card was half out of the pack and fell into my hand.  I picked it up.  It was this one.


It doesn't really require any further explanation, does it?  But here's the meaning as it appears in the book.


I did a very quick reading with 3 more cards pulled at random.  I'm not an expert at this, but there is something calming about it.  The cards were as follows.  For me right now, the Pentacle.

A need to balance my energies and perhaps for protection.

For my situation, the Black Cat.

Withdraw my energy and curl up and rest. 

For my course of action, the Chalice.

To go with the flow and allow the chalice to be refilled.  Yes.  I think someone said that yesterday.  I think that is what I need.  To retreat and refill the well.

4 comments:

Valerianna said...

mmmm... Sound advice your unconscious is giving you!! I like this deck, what is it?

A mermaid in the attic said...

Yes...we usually know deep down what we need, don't we?! Thanks for your lovely words on Saturday Valerianna...you are right, a small cottage in the woods for a few days would be perfect. For 3 years running I took a week off by myself, at a house by the sea (I do luckily have an understanding other half!), just to walk on the beach and think and write and paint and not speak and just withdraw for a while. But life and finances have made it impossible the last couple of years. I think I need to find a way to do it again.

A mermaid in the attic said...

Oh, and the deck is the 'Wicca Pack' by Sally Morningstar. Click on the link in the post and it will take you to her website. They are truly a lovely set.

Valerianna said...

I hear you about finances... I haven't had a real vacation in years... YEARS! I live my life with great swaths of time to myself, but I end up doing internal work, art, and care taking the land. It would be nice sometime to get away for somewhere for more than a weekend..... I do hope you can find some way to fill your well!

I love what you said about the new drawings - tree rings and labyrinths and such. And thanks for the deck name, I'll look for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails