Sunday, June 13, 2010

And in contrast to Friday's music...the world's happiest, coolest song!


Well, it's got to be right up there anyway.  Been a favourite of mine for years and years (it was released when I was 2), you can't hear it and not smile.  And perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon!

Not that today was particularly lazy, we spent most of it masking up all the woodwork in the bedroom, ready to paint the walls tomorrow.  We've settled on a soft, mossy green which will be 'colour-washed' on...I'm a wee bit obsessed with colour-washing, I've used it in just about every room in the house, but there's so many things I love about it.  I don't really like flat colour anyway, in my artwork or on my walls, I like texture and layers, and colour-washing means you can use bright or quite dark colours, but they don't dominate or advance on you.  It's great for hiding flaws in walls, and it means you use WAY less paint so much cheaper, it's easy to do, and really quick...it will probably only take us an hour to actually paint the whole room.  I can't wait till it's all finished, it's been a LOOONNG time coming!

But we did find time to have a lovely afternoon tea out in the glorious sunshine, the last for a while as it's supposed to be raining all week.  But then we do need some rain.  Homemade ginger biscuits and banana cake...mmmmm.  Why is it that I'm not in the slightest bit interested in shop-bought sweet biscuits (I don't even like Tim Tams), but if I make them myself they disappear immediately?!

I'm also busy making new faery outfits for two little faeries turning 6 and 9 in the next two months...I have BIG ideas, but I do need to remember they're just dress-ups and not get too carried away.  Anyway, I'd better go and do some guitar practice, got my 3rd lesson tomorrow.

3 comments:

KeLLy aNN said...

It always amazes me, how music can set the day...
I can't wait to see the painted room!

Valerianna said...

I'm with you on the color washing.. I've done it in all the rooms in my house, just waiting to find the time and energy to do my bedroom and the rest of upstairs. I have chosen a greenish-yellow... I look forward to seeing your color choice if you share it with us!

We're hopefully on the last couple of days of monsoon type rains.... I VERY ready for sunshine again!

Tea sounds lovely.

Ruthie Redden said...

your painted room sounds delicious. can i ask what are tim tams?? x

Related Posts with Thumbnails